Give the gift of time and peace of mind! Xylina provides expert support for an easier, more enjoyable pregnancy, birth, postpartum and breastfeeding experience! Parents get up-to-date tips and tricks to help ease their way!
Parents, get extra rest so you have the brain power to tap into your skills. Get the help you need when your support goes back to work or while recovering from a cesarean section. Learn special skills like baby-wearing, baby sign language or baby massage in your home while taking advantage of my other services.
For as little as $60 you can give a new mom a great start! Gift certificates can be used for any services or classes and may be combined. Call 509-496-3526 with any questions.
Postpartum Doula & Breastfeeding Support: THE BEST BABY GIFT EVER!!!
- more time to bond with your baby
- more sleep
- more energy, quicker recovery
- more confidence and skills to meet your baby’s needs
- more money
- an easier breastfeeding experience
- less doctor visits
- less stress
- less crying (parents and baby)
- less risk of postpartum depression
Get informed support so you get the information, tips and skills you need without wasting time and energy. Spend time with your baby instead of wading through the internet or endless books. Many books market their way as the only way ignoring that we are all individuals. Information found on the internet ranges from evidence-based best care to misguided popular beliefs to down right dangerous. With your parenting goals as my guide I give you seamless care, reliable resources, safe options, and solutions that will work for your unique family.
Accomplish your breastfeeding goals! I give parents the support they need to avoid common issues that can lead to pain and early weaning. Learn tips, tricks and comfortable breastfeeding positions so you can rest. I would love to help you have the wonderful breastfeeding experience you want!
I’ll help you avoid products that don’t work and products you won’t use, putting money in your pocket. I love to teach families about baby massage, baby-wearing and baby sign language saving you money on expensive classes. I can also help the big brother or sister in your growing family with sibling adjustment.
When you hire me as your doula you get all this and healthy snack/light meal preparation, laundry help, light housekeeping, and mother-baby care so you can get some much needed rest, a shower or a break. I'm a breastfeeding expert, a cook, a baby expert, a laundry service, a postpartum comfort, a housekeeper, a pampering expert, a shopper, a confidant, a baby product expert or whatever you need!
Certified Postpartum Doula/Lactation Specialist Fee
- $20/hr (3 hour minimum per visit)
- $25/hr between 9pm and 7am (4 hour minimum)
As a Certified Lactation Educator and experienced Postpartum Doula I provide a comprehensive breastfeeding class or Belly Henna adornment along with postpartum support, specializing in breastfeeding. My services focus not only on pregnancy and childbirth but postpartum as well.
Full Doula Package
- FREE initial consultation
- Three prenatal visits where I can learn about your birth preferences and provide a Breastfeeding Basics class OR Belly Henna Adornment with Photography
- Assistance preparing your Birth Preferences (so your care provider and health care staff will know how to help make this a personal and special event for you and your family)
- Provide handouts and information
- Access to lending library
- Access to prenatal yoga, baby massage, breastfeeding & birth videos
- Phone and e-mail consultation throughout pregnancy
- Consistent encouragement and support
- Tips for feeling good as you move from one trimester to the next including tips on morning sickness, nutrition, comfort and more
- Tips on how to encourage baby to get into and stay in a good position prior to labor
- Ideas on what type of relaxation and comfort techniques will be most beneficial to you and help practicing this method for maximum benefit during labor (help with this during labor too)
24-Hour On Call Availability
- From your 38th week on
- Available ANY HOUR for support once you are in labor
Support Through Labor & Birth
- Help determining when to go to the hospital
- Support in the labor place of your choice, wherever you labor and birth, from one location to the next
- Photo documentation of labor, birth and postpartum (as requested and able)
- Suggestions for activities or positions to help healthy labor progress
- Reminders to eat, drink, rest, change positions, etc. so you and your support person can focus on each other and your baby, not the clock
- CONSISTENT encouragement and reassurance for mom and support team THROUGHOUT LABOR, (can be 72+ hours, this is not available with most hospital staff and doctors, they have days off and shifts, I am there for you and will be with you throughout labor and birth)
- Relief for support team members for bathroom breaks, snacks, rest periods (the support team needs rest too!)
- Suggestions for comfort measures, massage, hot/cold packs, pressure points, position changes, etc.
- Help with rehearsed relaxation techniques and suggestions for alternatives if needed
- Help creating a calming environment; music, soft light, aromatherapy, faux candles (for hospital use), etc.
- Provide support in keeping with your birth preferences as much as possible, provide information about possible procedures, provide advocacy so that you are fully informed of all your options during labor and birth (in case you don't remember everything from your childbirth classes)
* Doulas do not make any decisions for the parents, at any point. Doulas provide support and information. I will respect the trust you have built with your caregivers. I will remind you when you are departing from your birth preferences. The doulas role is to support you throughout labor, to provide information, to respect your decisions, and to respect the caregivers you have chosen.
One three hour postpartum visit is included on the day of your choice. During this visit I can:
- assist with breastfeeding
- help you come up with solutions to any challenges with baby or recovery
- keep your baby happy so you can get some sleep or a shower
- prepare a healthy meal or snacks
- any other postpartum services listed above
I love to help parents have a smooth transition into parenthood. Many mothers are happy to have help breastfeeding in the first few days. Help is also often welcome when your milk comes in about three days postpartum. I would also love to discuss the birth and any other questions or concerns you may have. $750
Doula Support for SBS Childbirth Education Parents
As a Certified Childbirth Educator I love offering my doula services to my BANI parents. My experience teaching and attending births allows me to assist you in utilizing all the skills and techniques you learned in class throughout your labor and birth. My services focus not only on pregnancy and childbirth but postpartum as well. The more families I educate and assist with continuous doula support the more I am convinced that it is an excellent way to experience an easier, more enjoyable pregnancy, birth and postpartum! $650
Henna is a wonderful way to treasure and cherish your pregnancy. Being adorned with henna is a restful and joyous event. Henna celebrates the unique shape of a full belly and offers something to look forward to in late pregnancy. You will also enjoy watching your design darken in the few days after your adornment. As your design fades it will come as a reminder that each day your baby is nearer to being in your arms.
With your comfort and safety in mind, we use natural henna, lemon juice, molases and lavender oil in our mixes for pregnant women. Designs usually last 7-10 days, depending on body chemistry, how long the paste remains on the skin and location on the body. Henna always lasts longest on the hands and feet, less on the torso where skin is thinner. It is very important to keep in mind that natural henna stains a reddish brown color and needs to soak on the skin at least 4-8 hours. The color will be a light orange at first and darken to a richer brownish red shade over the next couple of days.
Your belly adornment can be a simple design (approx. 30 mins.) or as complex as you would like taking several hours to complete. You may also choose to have your hands or feet adorned. For more photos of our work check our Facebook page, Spokane Birth Support.
Gift Certificates are available for the perfect baby shower gift so you can pamper an expecting mom in your life (before, during or after the shower).
Spokane Birth Support also offers Prenatal Belly Henna adornment for mother's on bedrest or experiencing a high-risk pregnancy*. Our henna adornment is a great way to celebrate this special time and lift up mom's spirits not just during the adornment but in the coming weeks as the design developes and fades.
Contact Xylina to talk about your design and budget. Henna bellies range from $40 to $160 depending on time and design complexity.
*Having henna applied during a healthy pregnancy is generally safe but it is always a good idea to speak with your doctor. Work with a reputable artist and make sure you know exactly what is being used in the henna paste mixture, it should be simple, natural and smell fresh. Natural henna with lemon juice, sugar and lavender oil is great for pregnant women. Henna should be avoided or used sparingly if you are extremely anemic or the baby has G6PD deficiency.
Leave a lasting impression with Henna!!! Henna is a great way to make your event fun and memorable. Baby showers, mother's blessings/blessingways, girl's night or whatever the event may be, you and your guests will have a reminder of the ocassion for the coming weeks and always. You and your guests can choose from our many designs or leave your design up to Xylina. Designs are avialable for the hand or foot that can be completed in about ten minutes. I can always take more time to complete a more intricate design, it's up to you. You can "Build Your Party" by reserving the number of hours you would like to accomodate your guests ($60/hour, approx. 6 guests). If more conventient, each person desiring henna can purchase a simple or detailed design for one or both hands or feet ($10-$15/ design). If you have any questions please contact us about your event so that we may accomodate you. For more photos of our work check out Spokane Birth Support on Facebook.